15.5.10

crater face

It has come to my realisation that there is actually good rap out there. I was all annoying and "rap is all so similar and no rap artist can think for themselves" blah blah blah, but I'm starting to think I was wrong. Well, not completely. There is still all the people out there singing about broken hearts and screwing people on the bathroom floor and getting it on with girls in bars and stuff like that, but some rappers are just plain cool and who cares what they rap about!
All my friends are really surprised when I say that I've found my new favourite song and I play it to them and it's a rap song. There is just some people out there like Jason Derulo and Ke$ha and all those kind of people whose songs seem to be so flippin' familiar. People who actually listen to that music are probably all freaking out about now and saying "What? No it's all completely different!" 
But I was listening to Blakroc, and yes they sing about coochies but I actually like their stuff. I think it's because it's mixed in with the Black Keys that it just seems to have so much more, um, oomph to it. Other people rapping are all about electronic sounds and synthesizers and things like that. Blakroc has guitar bits in and drums and bass and well, I like it. 
The Gorillaz, well, don't have much to say about them. They are just pretty much plain cool. They're music is electronic in a way, but not always. They rap and sing about things that matter. Example?
Well me, I like plastics, 
and Digital Foils could wrap up the sun
and protect the girls from the spiritual poisons
You spill at night
Like phony clothes, but I really like my...
Some kind of nature, some kind of soul 
So is there some kind of hidden message in there saying he wants to screw the girl on a bar top or is it about covering the sun and protecting girls and liking phony clothes? The latter, I think. But then again, this is just me. These are my though and what I think about rap. Lets leave it at that, shall we? 


No comments:

Post a Comment