31.3.10

ANGUS YOU LOOK LIKE CHEWBACCA !


Soooooooooooooooooo. I went to Angus and Julia Stone on the weekend. It was good...in a way.
What do I mean by in a way? Well, I mean in a way by the music was good and the performance and the majority of the performers but Julia Stone gets on my nerves.
I'm not completely sure what it is. Ok, sorry that was a lie. I know what it is.
She just seems to know that she is different. She tries too hard to be 'indie' and 'different' and all those words whereas, because of all this trying, she is exactly the same as any other indie pop star.
That night she was all 'I'm-individual-and-different-so-I-can-dance-around-my-brother-with-my-hands-in-the-air-Indian-style-and-not-be-judged-'cause-this-is-who-I-am' and it was DO FRUSTRATING. Obviously she was going to be judged (by me) and well, obviously this is who she is (because, obviously, it was her up there and not a fake). That was a bad call, sorry.
I'm not going to say anything else because, knowing me in an argument, I'm just going to repeat myself. But I stand by my word. She isn't that different from other people. Her fashion is the same as so many other singers and when she sings her voice is all soft and delicate and like quite a few singers and she just annoys me. Mind you...she did play trumpet in Private Lawns...like me...thats a bit cool I guess...
However, Angus is a different story. He seemed so distant and not there. He seemed to be really mysterious and I bet he has some deep story behind him that Julia just has to be in because they're related. While his sister took the spotlight, he remained calm and collected in the shadows while stroking his ever-growing beard. Or maybe it was just his five o'clock shadow and it grows really quickly? Maybe five month shadow...
Never mind, I'll have to ponder that elsewhere. But, erm...yeah. I can't remember what I was going to write! Dayum, hate it when that happens. Well, nevermind. He did look all mysterious, and when he sang it was in a voice you would have never expected to come out of his voice. It was soft and sweet and beautiful. Julia's voice is kinda beautiful, but not in the same way. Hers is typical beautiful. You could easily mistake Angus for a girl with a gruff voice but it is soooo nice and calming. I love him a little bit.
I full recorded them singing but something went wrong and I can't get the videos up so thats a bit of a bummer. Proper proof I went to the concert! I've got some shoddy photos of them though. Yours to enjoy:
The Dynamic Duo

Yeah...I love her?

The person who spots Angus wins. 

Okay so I could only find three from that night, but I'll get more and put 'em on 'ere! Enjoying my bad if not horrific photography? Though so :)

Oh! One more thing: GO TO THE EASTER SHOW TOMORROW AT LIKE SIX O'CLOCK AND GO TO THE GREYSTAGE AND MY SCHOOL BAND IS PLAYING !!!! WOOHOO !!!! I'm a good mascot, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment